Thursday, July 29, 2010

The big red price tag of EVERYTHING

I haven't had any ideas in my head to write about anything after the MCAT mainly because I wasn't really inspired after the trauma.  I'm not looking forward to finding out my score.  On the same depressing side of things, I have found some ridiculously expensive "useless crap" online hence the title of this blog post.  Below are some examples of these expensive crap (the numbers don't mean anything.)

1. A USED plastic headband -- $50
 This item is taken from here
For those who know anything about Lolita fashion, this item is from the famous Baby, the Stars Shine Bright.  I will admit that I think this headband is rather cute, but $50 spent on a piece of plastic seems awfully ridiculous.

2. The new iPhone 4G in China -- $2000 or $1200 for one that cannot be used.
Chinese people are not the richest in the world no matter how much better China's economy has gotten over the past several years.  However, assigning a price tag of $2000 (USD) for a modded iPhone, or even better, $1200 for one that is not modded therefore literally useless is outrageous.  *FYI, an iPhone 4G 32GB costs $299 USD

3. College textbooks. -- could be over $500
Picture taken from Amazon.com


College education is expensive, most private schools would cost at least $15,000 per semester.  On top of the expensive tuition and housing, students/parents also have to deal with the pricey textbooks.  Here is a list I found of the most expensive college textbooks, it is amazing how some could cost up to $1000, no wonder graduate students are poor.  (The textbook depicted above is $500 on Amazon.)

No comments:

Post a Comment